Since 1874, when Johann Heinrich Hoffmann founded this tradition-rich company in Littau, opposite the railway station in Herborn, flexibility and adaptability have been among its central characteristics. In order to reduce the length of the company's production pathways, Hoffmann built a foundry three years after the company was founded. The horse capstan used at the start was replaced in 1879 with a steam engine. The drive of the engineers to continually develop the company's products resulted in a constant stream of innovations. The values that still define the company today were already clear in its early years. As a result of the company's continual growth and having the courage needed to take groundbreaking decisions, we now have a second company site in Landsberg an der Saale in addition to our headquarters in Herborn. This ensures that customers receive the best possible support and a nationwide service can be provided. 2016 we founded the Herborner Pumps US, LP, based is Sarasota, Florida.
Johann Heinrich Hoffmann founded the traditional company, opposite the Herborner railway station
Purchase of a steam engine, building of own foundry and a dry oven
The company name is “Maschinenbau, Eisen- und Metallgießerei”
Transformation into an oHG
Building of a new foundry which was extended already two years later
Transformation into a GmbH. The sole shareholders are Fritz Hoffmann and August Remy. The business was "pump and machine production, casting of iron and metal, purchasing and sales of machines, iron and metal goods as well as the operation of a brick production and other ancillary trades"
Death of founder J. H. Hoffmann with 84 years. At his 80th birthday he became honorary citizen of Herborn
On he 24th of November the company was nearly fully destroyed by the war
The years after the world war were used for rebuilding and modernising the company and the production. At first the Herborner Pumpentechnik made high quality pumps for the industry.
With the development of the UNIBAD for the bathing technology and the UNIPUMP for the ship market, the company is developing two product series that have significantly shaped their respective markets.
Extensive modernisation measures: With a new rotary calcining kiln, a new test field and the renewed foundry acc. to environmental protection requirements the company reached the top of the pump industry in Europe.
Reconstruction of the foundry with an automatic molding equipment
With the presentation of the UNIVERS wastewater pump generation, the company is showing the constructive possibilities of a modular pump system that has no equal.
Founding of the second production place in Landsberg/Saale as sales and mounting headquarter
Completion of a new production hall in Herborn to increase the capacity, use of 3D-CAD
Investment of around 2.5 million euros in new CNC machines and a pump test field.
Market introduction of motor-mounted frequency converters ("compact drive")
Opening of the East-Europe-Office in Landsberg/Saale for the future market of East Europe.
Market launch of heat exchanger motors in water-cooled “C”-version that give back 95% of the lost heat to the media
Modernisation of the foundry with sand preparation, mixer technique, laboratory and sandblast room
Presentation of the new series "UNIGUM": Sewage Pumps with internal rubber lining to prevent wear
Investment of one million euros in a linkage of the processing centres as well as a new 5-axle-turning-milling-centre to improve productivity. Start of CAD/CAM production
New construction of a high rack warehouse and transmission department
Investment of more than one million euros for the restructuring of the pump production including the construction of three assembly lines with product specific test fields as well as a mobile racking system.
Presentation of the new motor technology of PM motors (permanent magnet motors) for maximum energy efficiency
After a 5 year development period we prensented our new series "herborner" with a worldwide unique 100%-HPC-coating
2016 - Founding of Herborner Pumps US, LP in Sarasota, Florida - a big step in internationalizing our business
Complete redesign and reorientation of the foundry with new production facilities partially co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
Our long history is one of outstanding engineering, innovative products and numerous new milestones. The emphasis in the company's early years was on slurry pumps and beet cutters, but the portfolio of products developed over time. What has remained constant throughout, however, is an ability to meet customers' rising demands and repeatedly enthuse them with new technological solutions. A self-imposed quality principle was defined as a standard around 1900.
The continual development and expansion of the production programme played a key role in the company's business success. Already in the early years, the company began to manufacture pumps for different applications in addition to agricultural equipment. Many different types were developed: hand pumps, rotary piston pumps, centrifugal pumps and diaphragm pumps. As time went on, all the company's different pumps were developed as modular systems. Modular design still forms the basis of all the company's successful new developments.